Itasca Curling Club Hosts USCA Women’s Challenge Round
Itasca Curling Club in Grand Rapids, MN will play host to the United States Curling Association (USCA) Women’s Challenge Round on January 4-6, 2019. Six women’s teams from across the US will compete in a round robin style play down, with the top three teams advancing to the 2019 National Championships in Kalamazoo, Michigan in February. Michelle Graber, President of Itasca Curling, stated “This is a great opportunity to watch some high-level curling competition in our small town! It’s an event that allows curlers and fans to experience everything that the Grand Rapids, MN area has to offer.”
The USCA Women’s Challenge event is open to the public…spectators of all ages are welcome to attend! There is a heated clubhouse for watching games, which are scheduled for Friday 1/4 at 2:00pm and 7:00pm, Saturday 1/5 at noon and 7:00pm, and Sunday 1/6 at 9:00am and 2:00pm (if needed). Three games will take place during each of those draw times.
Itasca Curling Club
920 Hale Lake Pointe
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Things To Do In Grand Rapids
For the team members, coaches, friends and family that are looking for things to do between games, check this list and links out:
- First Friday Art Walk – The first Friday of every month, the Grand Rapids Arts hosts First Friday Art Walk in downtown Grand Rapids. FREE event! 4pm-8pm. Walk among downtown businesses to view art, listen to live music, purchase art, and enjoy appetizers and beverages. Download the January schedule HERE.
- Forest History Center – Open Saturday’s from 10am-4pm – Environmental Learning Center that has an onsite logging/forestry interpretive center, and a 1900’s logging camp with period dressed interpreters. You can also snowshoe, cross country ski and fat tire bike on their trails that lead to the Mississippi River. Located off Golf Course Road on Forest History Center Road (Cty Rd 76) in the City Limits of Grand Rapids.
- Itasca County Historical Society – FREE Museum & Gift Shop – Downtown Grand Rapids. Open Mon-Friday 9am-5pm and Sat 10am-5pm
- Judy Garland Museum and Children’s Discovery Center – a great place for all ages. Over a thousand piece Judy Garland exhibit and tour Judy Garland’s home. Children’s Discovery Museum has a new Lake Life exhibit that is fun for children ages 2-10 years of age. Open Friday and Saturday 10-am-5pm
- Mt Itasca – The Winter Recreation Center of the northwoods! This facility is located in Coleraine, just 15 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids. At this location you can downhill ski, cross country ski, and snow tube. Rentals available at the site. Open weekends 10am-4pm through March.
- Live Music – Every weekend you will find live music every weekend at: Klockow Brewing Company and Eagles Club.
- Dining and Shopping – In Grand Rapids you will find a variety of restaurants to dine at and unique boutique style shops.
To help build your itinerary, check out or Head North page where you can select how much time you have an up will pop things to do during that amount of time.
About Itasca Curling Club
Itasca Curling Club is celebrating its 50th anniversary this season. They offer weekly league play, learn-to-curl events, corporate events, and bonspiels (curling tournaments) throughout the season (November through March). For more information, visit their website (www.itascacurling.com) or find them on Facebook.